Location: Seattle, Washington
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec’s West Coast buildings group is looking for a Sr. Acoustician to join their growing team of Acousticians. This position will be located in Stantec’s Seattle, WA office.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Manages and supervises work of others
· Coordinates with architects, engineers and other disciplines in the built environment
· Partners with project managers on architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise control
· Builds and maintains client relationships
· Participates in local and regional client and industry events
· Meets financial performance targets and delivers projects within budget
· Pursues new projects and participates in proposal submissions
· Handles, delegates, and supervises design development and document preparation
· Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options
· Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
· Communicates with manufacturers, design team and contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs
· Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications for acoustical products
· Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
· Mentor and train junior members of the team and interns
Your Capabilities and Credentials
· Professional experience specific to acoustical design and vibration control in educational facilities, libraries, theatres for drama and music, healthcare facilities, commercial space, high-end residential, and/or museums
· Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents, drawings and documentation to appropriate standards
· Knowledge of applicable codes and standards applicable to the industry
· Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
· Knowledge of related engineering standards
· Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes is preferred
· Ability to prepare and review detailed drawings
· Ability to research and present design options
· Basic familiarity with recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
· Familiarity with CATT Acoustic, SoundPlan, EASE, Algor FEA Software, and sound and vibration measuring equipment
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to learn and deftly navigate customized database and software applications
· Ability to read, interpret, and act upon information included in specifications and contracts
· Regional travel is required on a regular basis.
· Out-of-state travel is required on occasion.
Education and Experience
Bachelors’ degree in related field plus minimum of 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The related experience should predominantly in building acoustics
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Apply at this link:http://r.rfer.us/STANTEC3II3lg