Location: New York, NY
SoundSense is a premier designbuild Acoustical Consulting & Design Firm that specializes in noise and vibration measurement & control for residential, industrial and commercial applications. SoundSense is a small business that has the experience, tools, patents, and innovative ideas to provide cost effective solutions to all types of acoustical problems. As a complement to the design phase, SoundSense offers Construction Administration consulting services and progress testing to ensure the efficacy of acoustical treatment.
- BS or MS in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Acoustic Engineering.
- Minimum 3 Years Experience, preferably 5 with a P.E.
- Proficiency with MS Office & CAD software (such as Sketch Up or AutoCAD) and Adobe Pro
- S. citizenship
- Extensive knowledge of current acoustic equipment and standards
- Engineering and development of design for residential (multi-family and single family), commercial and government projects
- Construction documentation for sound separation and room environment analysis, inclusive of room modeling, FIIC, FSTC, and RT60
- Project proposals and site coordination for testing and review
- Construction administration and review for design compliance
- Outdoor and mechanical noise monitoring, noise impact studies and associated noise reduction design
- Vibration, plumbing, and mechanical noise review
- Construction noise, building, and noise code compliance
- Communicate clearly with project members/clients and internal team regarding schedule, deadlines, project details
- 3-5 years of intensive work experience in the field of acoustics at a reputable Acoustic Consulting Design Firm or Architectural Firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of Acoustics with adeptness in vibration and noise control
- Practical experience with acoustic monitoring, solution set modeling, and noise reduction design
- Experience in field noise & vibration surveys
- Data evaluation, acoustical computations and design
- Report preparation and presentation
- Budget analysis and value engineering
- Proficiency with technical equipment and software for B&K, Larson Davis, Odeon, INSUL, AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Additional background in music, sound engineering and recording are considered an asset to the candidate’s skill set
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal skills to communicate a project from the development through to project completion, clearly documenting each stage.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary to commensurate with skills and experience
- Family work environment with an emphasis on work life balance and team building.
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work from home
- Full medical insurance, 401K 3% Non-Elective Contribution, (2) weeks of PTO, December 25th – January 2nd, plus Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day, and (5) additional paid holidays.
SoundSense is a Women-Owned Business Enterprise, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Applicants should send resume with cover letter addressed to Dr. Bonnie Schnitta, CEO/Owner of SoundSense via email to Trish Kern, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org