Triton Systems Inc.
Location: Boston MA
Ocean Project Engineer
Triton Systems Inc. (http://www.tritonsystems.com) is a rapidly growing applied R&D and product development firm in the Greater Boston area. We invest in new technologies through in-house and external partnership, transforming innovative technologies into successful business ventures. Triton has a strong track-record of translating technologies from the laboratory to the marketplace through licensing, joint ventures and spin-off companies. Triton portfolio companies have received over $200 Million in private venture financing, and Aduro had a highly successful IPO on NASDAQ in April 2015, with a current market value of ~$700 Million.
We are seeking a highly qualified and entrepreneurial engineer with a passion for developing advanced technologies and translating them into real-world applications. Triton’s diverse set of projects will give you experience across the engineering spectrum and allow you to shine in a fast-paced environment. Platforms include UUV (unmanned underwater vehicle), underwater robotics and structures, diver communication, fiber optics, underwater and through hull connectors, submarines, towed arrays, and sonobuoy systems. Relevant background with design process, analytical methods, hands-on fabrication, and test execution is desirable you will do it all.
• Self-starter with the ability to recognize and creatively solve complex problems
• Lead projects and set technical direction
• Design and prototyping of cutting edge ocean systems including CAD and hands-on fabrication
• Performing experiments in an independent & inventive manner
• Project management including managing schedule & cost, and customer communication including reports.
Desired experience would include some of the following:
• Mechanical engineering in the ocean: materials selection, structures, machine design, pressure vessels
• Seabed geotechnical engineering
• Must have sonar experience as this person would be a help in our sonobuoy area, and be a potentially a fit on towed array topics
• Marine robotic vehicles: design, fabrication, and testing, including sensor integration and troubleshooting of Navy sonar systems.
• Navigation, localization, and state estimation techniques for underwater positioning
• Acoustics and underwater sound signal processing, application of machine learning techniques to underwater sensing
• Hydrodynamics and control of underwater vehicles and towed arrays.
• Fiber optic systems design for subsea applications
• Soft robotics: design, fabrication, and testing of compliant robots or inflatable structures
• Experience testing systems in a marine environment
• Experience conducting analysis of alternatives and technology review
• Adaptability: broad interest in science and technology with a willingness and interest in expanding into new fields and learning new techniques and skills
• Strong Sonar experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Familiarity with SolidWorks, COMSOL, MATLAB, and/or LabVIEW, etc…
• BS in Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field. Advanced degree is a plus.
• 3-5 years experience working in ocean product design and prototype fabrication and testing is desired
Due to the nature of our business and information associated with this position, interested candidates must be US Citizens
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff.
We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Triton Systems, Inc. Headquarters is located at 200 Turnpike Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824.
We are an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/VEEO. We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply.
To apply, please follow the link on our careers page at: http://www.tritonsystems.com/