Location: Great Lakes Division
HNTB, Noise Analyst, IV, Remote location, supporting MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH (Great Lakes Division)
What We’re Looking For
Noise Analyst: With minimal supervision develops technical solutions and strategies for planning projects or for portions of larger projects. Responsible for proactively overseeing other project team members in development of solutions. May serve as a task leader or project manager on a limited basis for select projects. Task assignee on multiple projects.
This position could be based anywhere in the country while working within our Great Lakes Division.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Conducts transportation noise studies for highway and transit projects and formulates the results into concise, well-written documents.
- Prepares environmental impact assessments and related studies.
- Oversees and participates in development of highway and transit noise analyses and documentation.
- Attends meetings with clients and responsible agencies and presents noise analysis methods and results.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in public involvement activities, including presentations at public workshops and public hearings.
- Coordinates and consults with Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of project.
- Researches, writes and prepares transportation planning studies, NEPA environmental documents, and associated environmental permits.
Additional essential responsibilities include:
- Environmental analysis, data collection, preparing written documentation of data and analyses that will be reviewed by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate with project team members, clients and government agencies assist with the interpretation of environmental regulations and permits
- Direct, coordinate and review technical work performed by other environmental project team members, particularly subconsultants.
- Perform quality reviews of environmental deliverables and plan sets to ensure mitigation commitments and client requirements are met.
- Prepare scopes of work, fee proposals and respond to RFP’s.
- Participate on design-build teams on the owner’s behalf or the contractor’s behalf.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 6 years related experience
- 4 years related experience (with Master’s degree in Planning or related)
- RLA, RA, PE registration or AICP, CEP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- PE registration or AICP, CEP or other related certification
- Experience in highway or transit noise analysis and modeling is required.
- Experience in the use of FHWA and FTA noise modeling and related tools, including Traffic Noise Model (TNM), ArcGIS, MicroStation, and transit noise and vibration impact assessment.
- Experience in the analysis of the range of available data used to perform environmental analysis of highway and transit projects.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with air quality analyses and associated tools to support NEPA environmental documents
What You’ll Need
- Prepares scopes of work, fee proposals and assists with responses to RFP’s.
- Coordinates with clients on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
- May oversee the work of less experienced staff. Assists in directing teams for small scaled projects.
- Conducts research and detailed analysis of data.
- Interfaces with client group and community stakeholders. Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate technical procedures that should be used on a project.
- Prepares technical plans and reports.
- Prepares written reports on small to medium sized planning projects. Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation.
- Uses technical software to perform project analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For More Information Contact:
Jennifer Kilian, Sr. Recruiter
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com/en/public/
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.