Location: San Francisco, CA
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Arup is rising to modern day challenges: by bringing together individuals from a range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently seeking a Acoustic Consultant to join our San Francisco team.
You will collaborate within our dynamic regional multidisciplinary acoustics, audiovisual, and theatre team.
You are a great candidate if:
- You have experience with delivering all aspects of a project – technical, client care, and financial
- You dive deep into rigorous technical backgrounds, but come up for air to ensure the technical analysis are aligned project needs
- You have an eye for detail in all written, visual, and verbal communication
- You have a track record of delivering innovative acoustic solutions
- You understand the multidisciplinary nature of acoustic consulting work, and can coordinate design with design team members
- You demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design and construction process
- You are passionate about acoustic design and architecture, and their effects on people, cities, and health
- You thrive within a team environment, working autonomously and getting support when needed
- You communicate technical concepts clearly across many different audiences
- You are motivated to stay on top of industry trends and methodologies
- You stay organized and calm under handle moments of high pressure, finding productive ways to prioritize and thrive
- You capably motivate, teach, and mentor junior staff through their own rewarding careers
- You contribute to overall team success through process improvement, setting standards, contributing to resourcing, and building morale
- You are proactive but tactful in motivating to meet agreed deadlines
- You actively contribute to a building and supporting a diverse team
- Degree in acoustics or architectural engineering OR a degree in music, architecture, physics, engineering, computer science, sound reproduction, sound recording, with strong demonstrated experience in acoustics
- 5+ years of relevant experience in acoustic design
- Strong grasp of the fundamentals of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics, noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, human responses to acoustics and vibration
- Proficiency with specialist technical equipment and software such as B&K, CATT, EASE, Odeon, Max/MSP, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup
- Candidates with experience in music, composition, electronic music, recording, 3D sound, live sound, production are particularly encouraged to apply
ARUP offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Work/life balance
- 10% 401K match, 4 weeks of PTO, 9 paid public holidays, good healthcare coverage options
- Profit-sharing bonus paid twice a year
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Please apply via our website at https://www.arup.com/careers