Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
Available Position: Acoustic and Vibration Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
- Performs field testing including SPL, reverberation time, STC, IIC, vibration.
- Consults with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
- Manages acoustic and vibration projects.
- Coordinates with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
- Performs acoustic studies using off-the-shelf software as well as Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
- Composes high-quality reports with recommendations.
- Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
- Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
- Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please email interest and resume to email@example.com