Innogy Renewables US LLC
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Innogy Renewables US is hiring an Acoustic Engineer to join our technical engineering team in Pittsburgh, PA.
Innogy Renewables US LLC is seeking motivated individuals to join a rapidly growing renewable energy business focused on wind and solar power generation in the United States. As a company, we are doing everything we can to create a better, more sustainable energy supply. Join us and help! Do you dare to try out unusual solutions, think innovatively and want to actively help build something worthwhile? Then you should put your pioneer spirit to good use at Innogy Renewables US. Here, every employee contributes to creating a more sustainable energy landscape.
The Acoustic Engineer will be responsible for ensuring value engineering is consistently applied to all stages of an Onshore wind farm project. Reporting to the Director Wind Resource at Innogy Renewables US and interfacing directly with innogy SE’s Technical Engineering Group, you will be working in a team with very experienced wind turbine acoustic experts and will have an aspect of independent work.
Acoustic Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Provision of acoustic expertise and coordination of related issues.
- Maintaining existing noise related analytical tools, methods and processes.
- Involvement in the development of approaches for noise analysis for the US/EU and other markets.
- Involvement in the definition of minimum requirements for third party work e.g. noise impact analysis and acoustic measurements to ensure a high-quality output.
- Country specific noise impact analysis for different project phases.
- Acoustic advice and optimization on wind farm development.
- Support and execution of acoustic monitoring (development, operation or construction)
- Acoustic planning process support.
- Database and WindPRO maintenance and management.
- Acoustic document cataloging.
- Noise complaints assistance.
- External work review and due diligence.
- Support of acoustic related projects resulting from noise issues in other business units.
- Research and summarize findings for standards, hot topics and research papers that relate to wind farm or related acoustics fields.
- Represent innogy’s interests and provide feedback on latest discussions in internal and external working groups and committees.
Acoustic Engineer Job Requirements:
- Degree in engineering or science
- At least 2 years of previous experience, preferably wind turbine acoustics
- Knowledge of acoustic related statutory mechanisms, planning processes and legal requirements for the US market
- Experience with special acoustic/ noise software and tools (e.g. WindPro, CadnaA/Immi)
- Optional experience in the field of acoustic measurements and data analysis
- Solid working knowledge of IT systems (MS Office, especially Access/database and Excel)
- Optional programming language experience (e.g. VBA, Matlab, Python, Fortran)
- Fluent English language skills, German language skills are a plus
- Presentation, communication and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills in an international and complex environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork ability and integrative skills
- Social competence, high level of engagement and intercultural mind set
- Flexibility to travel domestic and internationally
Innogy Renewables US LLC, a subsidiary of innogy SE (Germany), plans, constructs, and operates plants for generating electricity and energy from renewable sources. Founded in 2016, Innogy Renewables US LLC is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, while the development office is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Apply today for the Acoustic Engineer job online at http://innogyusjobs.com/.
Innogy Renewables US is an equal opportunity employer.